Sunday 24 February 2013

e.l.f Haul!




Sooo! I finally got my first set of elf cosmetics.

I mentioned in the previous post that I ordered their All Over Cover Stick, Mineral Infused Primer, Mineral Foundation, Lip Stain with Gloss, Lip Liner and Powder Puffs.



I'll start with the Primer first as it seems most logical, the consistency is very hard to describe. It feels almost glossy, but it glides on so smoothly!
I'd compare it to the likes of the Avon Primer, with the same texture.
At first I was apprehensive it would make my skin feel oily or greasy, but it was perfect. I wouldn't recommend this for people with very oily skin, as it may increase the shine a little, if you do have oily skin go for a powdery finishing primer.
It has a medium thickness, as in it's not gloopy and thick, but also not runny. It worked very well with the Mineral Foundation Powder I also purchased.

Overall: 8/10

Next would of course have to be the Mineral Foundation Powder! I found it went on very nicely. I needed to use two good layers before I got the coverage I wanted (I wasn't expecting it to the same degree as a liquid foundation, of course).
I experimented with it by using it over my L'Oreal BB Cream, as both give medium coverage and found that worked as well.
It feels very light and applies over both the primer and BB Cream wonderfully.

Overall: 8/10

The All Over Cover Stick next, and it's a very soft and creamy texture, which I like.
It's a little thin, but I find it covers dark circles very well. Two layers for blemishes and you're golden!

Overall: 7/10

Lipstain and Gloss Duo. I haven't ever used a lipstain, so I wasn't sure what to expect but the results were pleasantly surprising!
The lipstain wasn't a pen like the ones you see most, but more like a lipgloss wand.
It feels like a thick, matte lipgloss, that dries onto your lips.
I was expecting it to be dry and uncomfortable but it was pretty weightless.
Two coats will give you an even coverage. It comes with a clear gloss on the other end of it which you apply when the stain has dried fully and gives you a perfect glossy finish.

Overall: 8/10

Lip Liner. Very simple, nice and soft to apply.
It's a little crumbly if you apply too much, but in reality, you only need a small bit as it's very easy to blend.

Overall: 6/10


I hope this was helpful for you! There will definitely be more E.L.F reviews coming! My next investment is likely to be the eyeshadow primer (which has been getting rave reviews and has been compared countless times to the UD Eye Primer Potion).

Follow me on instagram - just search for borntrippy!

Come back soon for more reviews, tutorials and more!
Ta-ta for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment - I don't bite, I promise! xo